|The Benefits of National Membership|
You can't join Eastside RWA until you become a member of Romance
Writers of America, national. Why? Well, the answer is
complicated. RWA has its home base in Texas, and the incorporation
and not-for-profit laws in that state require it for one. Another
has to do with its federal tax status. So, why should you join
National RWA? Here are just a few of the benefits you'll reap when
1. Joining the local chapter. That's the biggie! Eastside RWA is a great group of writers who are always willing to help and share.
2. Romance Writers Report. Each month you'll receive a copy of the RWR, which reports on the status of the industry, the organization, and the members. It's a good resource for articles about craft and industry, as well as a place to find out about contests and updates to the ever-changing world of publishers.
3. RWA-Links. These are email lists where RWA members can talk about a variety of topics. The list subjects are :
Alert: Where RWA makes official announcementsAnyone who is a member of RWA National can join these list. More info can be found on the RWA National page under the topic "RWAlink and PANlink"
4. E-notes. Members can sign up to receive a
semi-monthly electronic newsletter providing up-to-date information
on romance issues, market changes, craft articles, and more!
10. Health and Life Insurance. A benefit package
offered through the National Writer's Union (annual fee required) is
available to all RWA members residing in the U.S. It includes
dental, medical, vision, and term life insurance.